THE APPLICATION WINDOW WILL OPEN NOVEMBER 8th FOR THE 2024-25 SCHOOL YEAR. (You are only allowed to apply and audition for one Major)
Learn more about Enroll Austin here.
FAA 2024-25 Handbook and Audition Requirements here.
Fine Arts Presentation here.
Please note: Bus Transportation is NOT provided by AISD for transfer students in the Fine Arts Academy.
- Read more about our Academy and what it has to offer here.
- All students applying to Lamar Fine Arts Academy must select Lamar Fine Arts Academy in the "Enroll Austin" Tile on the AISD parent portal (not student portal) here by February 6, 2024, which includes the following:
- Report Card for Previous Grade Level (from 2022-2023 school year)
- Report Card for Current Grade Level (end of Fall Semester 2023-2024 school year)
- One Teacher Recommendation from English or Social Studies
- One Teacher Recommendation from Math or Science
- One Supplemental Teacher Recommendation (Private Studio, Music, etc.)
- Auditions will be held on Saturday February 17th, 2024 (Times will be assigned)
- On March 5th, 2024 Parents will be notified via email from Enroll Austin if their student received a seat at Lamar Fine Arts Academy,
- Tuesday March 26th is the deadline to confirm your seat and complete your Annual forms in Enroll Austin. If this does not happen the student will loose their seat at Lamar Middle School and Fine Arts Academy.
Current Fine Arts Academy Students:
Lamar Fine Arts Academy is Austin ISD’s top choice for middle school fine arts as we strive to provide every student with a fulfilling and all-encompassing middle school experience that nurtures the whole child. Lamar provides a program for students to pursue an accelerated arts curriculum in middle school. By creating a middle school with a fine arts focus for Austin, the Academy will fill an important role in our city. The FAA will feature partnerships with arts organizations and artists drawn from the internationally recognized Austin arts community, McCallum High School, and the University of Texas at Austin. In short, our academic programs are comprehensive and rigorous, our athletic programs are dynamic, our parent and community involvement is flourishing, and most importantly, our student body is happy. We are Lamar!
Click here for a list of FAQs about Lamar Fine Arts Academy.
What is a Fast Pass? Current Lamar students can Fast Pass into a Major for the next academic year if they meet the requirements of that strand. To apply to Fast Pass, you must:
- Must be currently in a class of the Major you are wanting to Fast Pass into
- Talk to the teacher of that strand (Choir, Band, etc.) and make sure that you are meeting the requirements needed to Fast Pass.
- Grab a Fast Pass form. The counselors will have them when they pass out your Choice Sheets. You can also print a form HERE.
- Get your form signed by the appropriate people, and turn it in to the Fine Arts Office by March 30th, 2023.
Forms for academy students:
Production Attendance Form (verification of attendance at performances)
Change of strand form (to be filled out during the last 6-weeks of the school year if the student is wanting to change majors, so long as the student is meeting requirements for both their current major, and the major which they'd like to transfer into)